Monday, July 14, 2014

A Week in Helena.

Hello everyone! :)

This week was my first in Helena. It was pretty good! There is a lot to do here and I forgot how much that I missed having appointments all the time. We really didn't have appointments in whitefish just because nobody would really make appointments. I have already met some awesome people here and life is good.

Saying goodbye in whitefish totally stunk. I had a lot of people call the mission president and ask if I could just stay. President called and talked to me on Monday morning and said that he wanted me to end my mission on a high note and that there were people in Helena that I still need to teach. So, I decided that going wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. We said goodbye in Monday & Tuesday and then on Wednesday we packed my suit cases in the truck and left at 6:30. We got to Helena at 11:30 and I got to see lots of people that I haven't seen in a long time and might not see again on my mission. As soon as I got here we had appointments. I went and put my stuff at our house and we left. We had service with a lady named jewelie. She is a hairdresser, so we went to her salon. She was making a pink canopy for the 'tough enough to wear pink' rodeo fundraiser and she needed some help. So, we went and we helped measure and cut. Then I went and met a family named the wrays who are awesome! I can't remember what else we did, but it was crazy.

Thursday we did more service for jewelie and then for the wrays. We helped them clean out their shed and they gave us lots of free clothes...unfortunately now I have to many clothes again, so I need to send some home again. We had dinner and then did more service and it was good.

Friday we helped at the rodeo. We went in the morning and set it up. One of the elders cut his thumb and had to go to he emergency room to get his thumb stitched up. We then went over and helped jewelie again just because it was getting crunch time and she needed help finishing. Then we went to dinner with less actives and then went and helped at the rodeo again selling stuff.

Saturday we went to a parade and got lots of candy. Then we went and visited lots of people and went and cleaned the church. Then we had dinner with jewelie and had a lesson with the wrays.

Sunday we went to ward council, and then church and then had lots of appointments. We taught a boy named zach who is 12 and from a part member family. He is getting baptized in a few weeks. :) we taught him about the word of wisdom and he made this big huge deal about how he can't give up coffee. Then his mom said "zach, you have coffee like once a month..." Sooo funny! :) we went and taught a less active family named the lehmans after that. Their son Jared wants to come to church so that he can pass the sacrament someday. /:) the mom came with him to church, so we stopped by to talk about what they thought of it. Then we went off to dinner again with jewelie. Then we wen over to an area and started tracting. It was good....Except that it was like 94 degrees and we were dying! But then we found a less active and taught him and set up a return appointment. After that we went and visited a part member family who are awesome! After that we had an appointment with the wrays. And it was kind of a little crazy, but lots of fun.

Yep, basically that was my whole week. I hope that you have a really great week! Love you all! :)

-Sister Malynne Erbe

No comments:

Post a Comment