Thursday, June 19, 2014

Skunk Fillet

So I am not going to go into details about our rough week, but I am going to tell you what I learned. I learned that I have been carrying around my weapons or war. I have been holding onto things that aren't worth holding on to and they just needed to be handed over to the Lord. This week we read about the people of Ammon burying their weapons of war. Those people were so converted to the gospel that they gave up the things that were holding them back the most. So, Sister ayala and I both evaluated ourselves and decided what our biggest weapons are. We gave them up. At least we have for 2 days. I have seen that even though Satan is working harder that things are easier. Christ promised us that His "yoke is easy" and that his "burden is light". I feel like I have experienced it this week. I have learned that we don't have to be able to see the atonement to know it works, we just have to use it to know it works. I have learned a lot basically...I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. I have learned it over and over and over again, but somehow every time I learn it, it seems to be more important to me. I love him more than anything in this world. I also owe him more than anyone in the world (even mom). This is really why I am on my mission...though I can never repay him in full, I am trying my hardest to repay him the best that I can. The people here deserve their Savior, and they deserve to know what I do. That is why I am on my mission.

Thanks for all of your love and prayers...seriously I feel them and I am thankful for them. Especially at night when I lay down and take time to count my blessings before I fall asleep. That's when I realize them the most. I hope that you all have an awesome week! LOVES!
-Sister Malynne Erbe 


p.s. I saw a baby skunk this week....his name is skunk fillet. LOVE YOU DAD! 

No comments:

Post a Comment