Monday, June 16, 2014

Family Reunion to Crystal Hot Springs. Letters between mom and Malynne.

Mom:
Well, we just got back from our family reunion if that is what you want to call it.  Grandma and Grandpa rented a trailer.  Corene and her family stayed with them.  Eric, Kira and us stayed in tents with Josh sleeping in his hammock between our tents.  The trailer area was about 200-300 yds away from where we were with the hot spring pools between us.  It felt very disjointed to me.  We only saw my parents and Corene when we ate.  It just didn't seem very family reunionish too me.  However, the kids had a great time!!!!  They always do, playing with cousins.  The nighttime was crazy!!!!! On Friday night we had what dad called "woodstock" in the camp sights across from us.  It was a polynisian family reunion and you can only imagine how that was....Everyone and their friend and their friends friend came to that family reunion.  They had a stage set up, with HUGE speakers.  They played music, danced, sang and ate!   Their music was SOOOO loud!!!!  Thank goodness they packed up and left Saturday morning, but then we got do endure the drunk family (actually preferred Woodstock).  From 1-3:30am there were two brothers fighting in the camps sight right next to ours. FIGHTING...as in fists!  I slept through it all, but everyone else heard it and it kept them all awake.  I just got the laugh of hearing about it.

I got your letter today (since we were not here over the weekend). I need to tell you to go lightly with Makenna.  If you push too hard she will push back harder.  The best thing you can do is encourage her, serve her, and love her.  I think gentle invitations to go to the temple, get up and go walking together (telling her the intention of spending time with her...NOT exercising, NOT talking church... don't mention those words.....will grab her attention and she will want to be with you).  When she is with you THEN you talk. She is a good girl, just trying to find herself and what she believes.  I think it is good.  I think everyone needs to find out what they believe by their self.  She has a great support system and lots of people that love her.  I think, like you, she would be so much happier and more eager to attend church if she had just one friend in our ward.  (Makayla does not have this problem).  Makenna is in charge of Stake Youth Conference and she is very excited about that.  YC is this weekend, Thursday-Saturday.  I will tell you how that goes next week.

Kira wants me to ask you if you might be interested in being a voice teacher for Kennedys group, Center Stage.  I told her maybe when you get home, but she said you would need to send in a resume right now, and maybe get an interview when you get home.  My opinion......Stay focused on finishing your mission and when you come home find your job!  I think Heavenly Father will help you as long as you stay obedient to the calling/mission you have right now.

I am glad to hear that you and your companion are getting along better.  I have had both of you in my prayers all week.  I love you so much and want you to be happy all the time.  Tomorrow will be the official 2 months left day!!!!  I can't wait to see your cute face and squeeze your cheeks.

I love you and will watch for your letter tomorrow.
Love,
MOM

Malynne:   Don't worry mom, family reunions aren't going to be super great until I get there!!! :) Ha ha. I would have gone and joined the Polynesian family.....but that's just me. :) Come one with the drunk people, now you have a great story to tell. It sounds like fun to me. :)

So about Makenna...I will go lightly now. But I was not very happy. I thought that everything was fine, and it's not really fine. I have had a hard time this week because I know that Makenna is just doing exactly what I did. If I can spare her the hard times that I had trying to "find myself" then I will. When I get home Makenna can come to church with me and it will be great. I am going to write her every week from now on. Makenna needed to know how I felt about everything. Her decisions aren't just affecting her, they are affecting me too...and everybody else. When I get home, Makenna can ultimately do whatever she wants....but I am going to excercise and that's what I am going to call it. I am also going to study the gospel, and that's what I am going to call it. I am just not going to dance around subjects anymore. It's not exactly going to be a benefit to anybody if I just don't say what needs to be said. I know Makenna is a good girl, but she needs some direction and needs to know what gave other people direction. I am aware that going to church without friend is hard but I also know that it doesn't have to be. It's not about friends it's about the gospel and if she could just spend some time reading and studying about the gospel then she would know that for herself. She needed to know how I felt about everything....so now she does. I am not always going to be around and she can't rely on me being there to give her the direction that she wants....she needs to find it. 

I would be interested in being a voice teacher, but I am not going to worry about it. If it's meant to happen then I will be able to do it after my mission no problem. I have had to do a lot of evaluating about my life this week. Things hit really hard for both my companion and I. Monday night, getting dads letter was rough. Tuesday I started getting sick, Wednesday Sister Ayala was sick. Thursday was Sister Ayalas year mark. We went out for Chinese food and we had been saving our money special for that and then the service was really bad and so was the food. I was also super sick on Thursday. Friday we were on exchanges and Saturday until Saturday night. Saturday night we had a meeting with our ward mission leader and let him know that we needed help....it was just a brutal week for both of us. I really evaluated myself as a person and as a missionary. Then we read the story of the people of Ammon with a less active Sister. It made me think of what my weapons of war are. Sister Ayala kind of had the same revelation and we are on the same page. We have buried a lot of weapons of war in the last few days and things are going soo much better since then! I think everyone should do that....find your weapons of war and bury them. That's my invitation to you this week! :) 

Ha ha, I told Sister Ayala that people just love to squeeze my cheeks. It cracks me up that you said it in your email! :P Yep! Only 60 more days...and then we can have a super awesome family reunion!!!! :D 

K, I love you loads! Hope you have a great week! 
-Sister Malynne Erbe 

Mom:  Malynne, just remember you are her sister, not her mother.  Go light!  I do not want her to feel forced.  I believe that we each need to find our selves and our beliefs on our own.  Best thing you can do is be an example and encourage her.


Malynne:  That's what I will do. I am just not going to sugar coat things. That's all. Like if I want to talk about the gospel, then I will just do it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment