Monday, March 31, 2014

Learning Patience and Chairty

I'm glad that makenna and Makayla liked the broadcast. :) I was there too when it was happening, and thought the exact same thing! It made me so stoked for conference this weekend!!! yay! :) Well, big thing this week is that I decided I am going to be small when I get home. I only have 4 months ish now and I probably should have started earlier, but now all of a sudden whenever I want to eat something I just think of a dress that I want to wear home so I don't eat anything. Seriously I have worked out soo hard this week. Every morning when we wake up, and then again when I get home. Ha ha it's actually pretty funny because we aren't allowed to use handweights, so I am have been really creative with things. I got a box full of stuff, then put stuff on top of the box, then put more stuff on top of the stuff and so I had a pretty heavy weight. It feels nice to be sore. :P Sister Owens is doing it, and Elder Coleman, and Sister Christensen so I have friends to do it with me. :) I love like 3 or 4 pounds this week. I had lost like 3.2 pounds on Friday so hopefully by now I have lost the full 4. I am only drinking water, and I am eating so well! You would be proud of me. Yep, I wanna be a size 12 when I get home, that's only like 50 pounds. If I had it my way I would even be a size 10, but that might be pushing it ha ha. :P it would be like 70 pounds for that. I don't know maybe I might be able to, I have a lot of weight to lose. Also, this better not get posted on my blog because that would be embarassing! Oh, also other thing that happened. So Sister Wilbert and I hit a rough patch, and I was struggling a lot. So we met with our zone leaders to just get some new perspective on the situation and it helped a lot and things are better than they ever were. But, yesterday President Mecham called. I thought I was in trouble and I was freaking out a little bit. He was waiting by the phone because it only rang once and he answered and said "Sister Erbe." I was like uh-oh...what did I do? But then he got all emotional and said "Sister, I just don't know what to do!" There is another sister who has not gotten along with any companions she has ever had. President told me a bunch of stuff I probably can't tell anybody ever..until I get home and tell you ha ha. But basically he told me he couldn't trust anybody else with this task he is assigning me. He said "Sister Erbe, you are my last resort Sister because you are the most patient charitable Sister in this mission." yeah I don't know about that....but okay I guess it made me feel good. He told me that she wants to go to a Spanish speaking mission, that's where her heart has always been (she speaks Spanish fluently.) Then he said "She can be reassigned, but she has to prove she can get along with a companion for at least 3 weeks to a month and if not she will be sent home." He told me that it will be my job to make that decision. I may go to Missoula again, ha ha my last area, or I may stay here and Sister Wilbert go to Missoula. I don't know what is going to happen. President asked me to pray about it and to recieve confirmation and so I have been. I know that this will help me to progress if nothing else, and if it doesn't work out it's only going to last for maximum a month. So.....I feel like this is going to happen. I am waiting on a call from President though to see. So, don't post this! You will know next week what happens! :P But, I will be good because it is promised in my patriarchal blessing that I will get along with all of my companions, so I'm not worried. Also if I don't I guess I will just have a chance to fix some of my weaknesses right? Yep, so that was my news for the week. I love you!!!!! 
-Sister Malynne Erbe


On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 4:47 PM, Jacinda Erbe <jkerbe@comcast.net> wrote:
Dear Malynne,
I got to take Makenna and Makayla to Womens conference.  I can honestly say that I was not excited about the new age 8 and older to attend WC, but I was excited about taking your sisters.  I was worried that it would be turned into a primary class, and I did not see any foresight in how they would make it for 8-80 yr olds.  I was so wrong!  The spirit was so strong and it was so well done!  I loved it.  Probably my favorite one yet!  And Makenna leaned over and said, mom, Malynne is watching this right now, so she is really with us too (don't tell me otherwise, it makes me happy to think that you were there).  Today in church it seemed the the over all theme was loving one another and having that perfect love that Christ has.  I had this thought running through my head all day that if we strive to be obedient to all of Gods commandments then we will be able to have a more perfect love and to be more Christ like. What is that scripture where Christ says that he does nothing but what he is instructed to do from his father?????  You know I am sure.  If you take that scripture and think about it tons, that is the way!  We obey Gods commandments and we will become perfected through Christ and along the way the more obedient we are go Gods commandments the more Christ like we become, therefore we can experience Christ like love (in our limited ability to do so).  Love it, Love it, Love it.
This week Makenna cut and colored her hair, nothing drastic, just lots of highlights and a cute short cut.  It is adorable!!!!!  When you come home I will make an appointment with this lady....you will love her.  She does magic with hair!  Makenna is taking after her big sister with the big black girl voice.  Makenna has been performing with the choir, she has a solo to this gospel song - a southern baptist song.  She rocked the house and was the star of the show.  She will be singing it a lot on tour.  Nudd texted me and told me that Makenna is "AMAZING".  You would be proud of her.
Makayla is doing great!  Nothing new, just good.
Connor has grown another inch this last month.  His size 18 boys pants are too small.  He is now taller than dad.
I have been thinking and praying for you a lot this week.  I have felt a calm, comforting feeling and I am believing that you are doing well.  I have known from the beginning that you are where you are suppose to be, and I take great comfort in that.
I love you!  I will try to be available to talk to you tomorrow.
Loves,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment