Monday, March 31, 2014

Knockin' doors all the days!

Well, this has been the longest/shortest week of my life. Have you ever had those weeks where you think, "holy cow that was the longest week of my life, how did I make it through?" but then you actually look at it and think "actually it was like the shortest week ever..." yeah that was my week. Ha ha.
Well, we went out and worked a ton! There was not tons of success, we knocked so many doors I never want to knock one ever again! We also tried to offer service to as many people as we could think of. We literally offered service at every single place we went to even the businesses. Nothin'. This area is slowing down a lot. On the plus side, walking everywhere in the world helped Sister Wilbert and I lose a bunch of weight ha ha so that's good! :) Tracting wasn't too bad after a while, it ended up pretty fun to be able to have conversations with people. There was a guy who was so excited that we came by to "brighten his day" that he told us he would call his whole family and tell them that we came over. We didn't believe him...until we tracted into his sister 4 houses down who was like "Ha ha I just got off the phone with my brother, he says he was so thankful he got to talk to you." That was pretty sweet. We also were invited into this old ladies house and we talked with her. She seemed really defensive about being Lutheran and so we tried to just talk about anything with her to see if we could lead it back to the gospel and then all of a sudden she stood up from the table and said "I'm gonna tell you who I really am." Oh my gosh my heart I was so scared! Ha ha, but then she said "I'm the huggin' grandma, that's who I am. And you aren't leaving this house without a hug from me!" So we gave her a hug and it was so funny! Oh man, tracting....we have a love hate relationship! 

Sister Wilbert and I hit kind of a roadblock and met with our zone leaders to talk things out. We worked things out and everything was great after that, it has been great ever since. I am definitely not the most patient person in the world or the most charitable ha ha. But, I am working on it. I guess I like progression, it makes me super happy and if I am progressing nothing else in the world could make me more happy! :) 

Here is a little insight that I learned from the scriptures this week. In Alma 26:2 Ammon asks "And now I ask, what great blessings has he bestowed upon us? Can ye tell?" I realized that sometimes we can't tell how God is blessing us because we don't look for it. We sometimes think "What the heck, why am I not being blessed?" And in reality we just aren't accepting the way God wants to bless us. We have to be willing to accept the blessings God is willing to give us. We also have to be willing to accept the type of love that he chooses to show us. That's my insight for the week.

Thanks for all of your prayers everyone! It seriously makes things easier to know that everyone I love at home is praying for me while I am praying for them. I love you all very much, and I will talk to you next week! LOVES!


-Sister Malynne Erbe

No comments:

Post a Comment