Monday, March 10, 2014

Conversation with mom.

Mom:  I am waiting by the computer today!

Malynne:  k, good. We need to talk.

Mom:  How are you?  Do you like WhiteFish?  Do you like your companion?

Malynne:  My companion is crazy!!! 

Mom:  Good crazy or bad crazy?

Malynne:  Bad...very very bad crazy mom.....I have cried every night. 

Mom:  Is she a new missionary?  What is her name?  Have you talked to anyone.....Mission President etc.?  Where is she from?  Do you get to see any of your good missionary friends?  Where did Sister Siialata go?

Malynne:  Well, she has been out for a while. This is her 4th transfer. She has had a new companion every few weeks because nobody can handle her. They are trying to work things out with sending her home because she really isn't all there. I found a sticky note today with all of the reasons why she hates me....I do get to see them in a couple of hours. I get to talk with Sister Owens and she has been her companion so I will feel loads better I hope. Sister Siilata is in Missoula, and she sent me a message and I was bawling. She is struggling, and I am struggling, and I just want her back!!!! 

Mom:  Christ said to pray for those that hate you and that you have a hard time loving.  I am sure you have done this, I will pray for you and for her.  What is her name?  Get a picture.  I have had a feeling for the last two weeks that things were not good for you.  I have been praying, thinking of you CONSTANTLY.  I was bound and determined that I would not miss you today.  What can I do to help you out?  Where is she from?  Can I send anything to her that would make her happy?  It can be from YOU.  Let me know what I can do to help you out.

Malynne:  Mom, I don't know what to do. I can't even explain it to you. I can't sleep. I am sure I look soo old! haha. but seriously. I have had another companion named Sister Mills and she is leaving for Brazil tomorrow....now things are going to get really bad. 

Mom:  Maybe......you just need to talk to someone.  Things will work out!!!!  You need to remember that you are serving the LORD, maybe if you try serving her.  Show her love through your actions.  Write her little notes, make her a sandwich, look for opportunities to serve her.  If she doesn't like the sandwich then say, "I'm sorry, what kind do you like?  I will try to make one that you like tomorrow".  Then smile big. 

Malynne:  She gets mad. Mom, she just hates life. She also isn't mentally stable, you can't reason things out with her because she doesn't understand. She isn't all there. She is 29 and she thinks that everyone younger than her is stupid and they are immature and she is always right. She does anime drawings at peoples houses then gets mad because I didn't let her teach....I don't understand! I try to do service and she ends up slamming doors because I didn't ask her sooner. And tonight I am going to be all alone. 

Mom:  Malynne, I am going to ask you a question and I want a serious answer.  Are you scared for your life?  I am seriously worried and will call the mission President if I need to do so.

Malynne:  Nope not yet. I was warned that she has tried to hit her companions before. So far, no things have been okay. She told me that she wouldn't do it anymore. Don't call President, I don't know how things are moving along. President said he was only sending over strong Sisters...so I don't want to let him down. Also, she hasn't succeeded at anything in her life and so to send her home would kill her. So I don't know how I feel. I just want you to know that I'm struggling so that you don't have to read between the lines. We are meeting with our zone leaders today and I might just bawl....well maybe not I will be strong and tell them that I can do whatever I am asked to do. But it's the Sisters that come after me. What happens after he has expended all of his 'strong sisters' who then is left to be a companion. No one can do it for more than a transfer.....AH I don't know why I am here!!!!! 

Mom:  Malynne, If she hits you then you need to NOT hit back.  Defend yourself, and call immediately for someone.  Maybe you should always have your phone ready to call the person you need to call....put the number in call it and hang up.....then it is just a push away.  
YOU KNOW WHY YOU ARE THERE!!!!  You may not know why this sister, but when you get through it, you will be able to look back and say, "I can live with/marry anyone because I was able to survive 6 weeks with her!".
What is her name and where is she from? 

Malynne:   Her name is Sister Wilbert and she is from California. Sister Mills says that is exactly how she feels! :P 

Mom:  What do you mean about what Sister Mills says?  I think you should ask for a blessing.

Malynne:  Yeah when we talk to the zone leaders today I am going to ask for one. Sister Mills agrees that she can do anything after these 6 weeks. :P 

Mom:  Malynne, you are stong.  You can do this.  Always remember the purpose of your mission, to bring others to Christ.  The "Others" may include this Sister.  Remember that she is a Child of God.  Have you thought that maybe, just maybe, she is the reason for you to be on THAT mission?  You can do this!!!!

Malynne:  I don't know. :P It's all good. I read an awesome talk from the 2006 February ensign called refined in our trails by James E. Faust. Go read it. There is a a quote in there that says "The price we paid to become aquainted with God was a privlege to pay." If this is the price I am to pay then I will. It is worth it.

Mom:  Do you have enough reading material?  Can I send you anything?  Do you get the Ensigns? 

Malynne:  Yep every month on my ipad. :) The mission doesn't send out ensigns as much anymore. I am good for now. I just need to find that chocolate that you sent me.....I remembered that I haven't eaten it yet and I want it. 

Mom:  I can send you Chocolate!  What kind of candy is your companions favorite?  Ask her.

Malynne:  Send her those little asian candy things that are kiwi...she loves asian things more than anything! 

Mom:  How many bags?  Is she Asian?  Do you need more Curry?  Do you need gift certs to Panda Express?  Tell me.  Tell me.

Malynne:  I don't know...just like 1 or 2. Nope she is African American...sort of. Curry would be nice. :) I hate panda express! 

Mom:  I will send you a pkg.  What else would you like?  Red Curry or Mussaman?

Malynne:  Masssaman please! :) 


Mom:  Schmoo, can I post of FB that you need prayers?  I now that there are so many people that care about you, ask about you and are willing to pray for you.  Prayers can work miracles.

Malynne:  No...don't. Don't let them know that I am struggling. I am going to be okay. :) I love you mom! Thank you so much! I have to go, but I hope that you have a good week. I will write a letter if I am struggling too much.

address is 
307 Blanchard Hollow
Whitefish, Montana 59937

Mom:  I love you.  I will get a package in the mail right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment