Monday, February 24, 2014

Missoula is BIG! It has been an interesting week. Yep, definitely an interesting week.

Alrighty, it's been an interesting week. Yep, definitely an interesting week.

So, Tuesday right after we emailed we headed to Missoula with our zone leaders. They drove us straight to our house and then unloaded their truck  and helped us unload our car and then they took off. We were left there all alone! We live with a really sweet old lady named Sister Landes. She is like 89 years old and she wanted some company, so she is letting us live in her basement. :) She is very sweet, and I love her very much. But we couldn't leave her house because we didn't know where the heck we were and we wouldn't be able to get back. So, we just stayed there with her for a while. After a few hours the Elders showed up at our house and they told us we were going to the church to meet with the Bishop. We followed them to the church, and the Bishop came in and it was the best thing ever! Because, his family lives in Lovell and I met him there. He told me when I was there that I was going to be serving in his ward. I told him that I wasn't and he gave me 6 months. Well, 6 months would've been over in 2 weeks. :P So, he totally predicted it! He also served his mission in New Zealand and he speaks Samoan and absolutely loves Sister Siilata. He said that he had been praying for great sisters and he was really happy that he got us. We went over the ward list and overloaded my brain and then we went home and went to bed. 

The next day was zone training. We got to meet our whole zone, and it was great. Some of my favorite people in the world are serving here. Oh, also there are 15 Sisters in our zone! We are officially the biggest zone in the mission since so many of us are here after finding out about splitting the stake and what not. :) Yep, we spent the whole day there, then had to wait for a couple of Sisters who were coming to work with us, and they had a meeting. Their meeting went until 5 and then we went to dinner over at the Bishops, and that concluded our day. 

Thursday morning was weekly planning, and we went through the ward list and made a bunch of appointments. We had only 1 open slot and the Elders called and gave us another appointment that they weren't going to be able to make. YES!  A full day! :) We just ran around to appointments and then the day was over and it was good. We met one of our investigators with a baptismal date that night. Her name is Brenda, and she has high functioning down syndrome. The Elders put her on date and she really wants to be baptized. But, I don't really know if she needs to be baptized. I mean if she wants to be I don't see why not. She is really really sweet though, and I just love her a lot. We talked about the priesthood, and she asked for a blessing so that she could stop having bad dreams. :) So, we made an appointment for the next day. 

Friday was another busy day. We ran around and visited with people from the ward list. There was a family that we kept calling and they never answered their phone, and so we just stopped by their house. They were home and let us in. They used to live in American Fork, and they know all about Lehi. It was great! They have like 26+ guitars and it was awesome!!!!!! They are great and we are excited to start working with them. Oh, their names are the Holmans. We had a ward party that night, and we invited Brenda to it. our relief society president went over and she picked her up for us. She liked the party and drew us both pictures. We got to meet a bunch of kids and hang out with them, and also a bunch of adults and talk with them. It was just really good to get to know the ward. Brenda was able to meet with the Bishop and get a blessing and she really liked that. She is just so sincere, and I love it! 

Saturday morning there was a stake relief society conference. It went from 9:30 to about 2:00. It was waay fun and there was all of the other Sisters there. :) It was interesting since I didn't know who was in my ward I was just trying to talk to everybody. Literally I didn't talk to anybody in our own ward except for those I knew because I just couldn't find any. :P We did a bunch of service projects and Sister Siilata and I got to sew blankets. :) Then, we went home so that Sister Siilata could do her language study since she had missed out on it for most of the week. We had an appointment with the Elders to go and visit a potential investigator and have dinner for them. Her son was recent convert who wants to go on a mission and she promised Elder McLeod (Mc, Cloud.) ( our zone leader.) That she would make him dinner, and so he invited us since she was in our area. We invited her to take the lssons and she said yes. We are going to have to work around scheduling stuff since her schedule is crazy! Pretty exciting! We were going to go to a baptism, but then it ran over and we weren't able to go. But, we met with the bishop instead and we talked with him about the ward list again. 

Sunday morning church started at 9. It was great, we got to go and it was a missionary farewell, so there were loads of people. Brenda came to church and everybody talked to her and made her feel welcome, which was really good. :) We were taking the sacrament, and I read Helaman 5. It was a perfect chapter since I have been really stressed out and haven't known where I was and everything like that. I have been really scared of everything here. I don't want to tract because I hate tracting, and it's scary. But, I read in Helaman 5 and it's all about Nephi and Lehi in prison and people come to kill them, but then everything goes dark, and Nephi and Lehi are surrounded by a light and angels and stuff. Then they hear the Holy Ghost inviting them to repent and be better. So someone points out that all they have to do is repent, and vs. 34 says. "And it came to pass that the Lamanites could not flee because of the cloud of darkness which did overshadow them; yea, and also they were immovable because of the fear which did come upon them.:"  They weren't immovable because of darkness, they were immovable because of fear! I realized that I couldn't be scared because I was stopping my own progress. So, I decided not to be scared anymore and we went tracting. We met an awesome lady named Laurie and she let us in. She didn't say we could teach her, but she did seem pretty stoked about service! :) We had a really great discussion with her and it was great. Last night we met with our new ward mission leader, he was just called yesterday! He is pretty excited about sharing the gospel and about his calling, and we are all really pumped about him too. Things are gonna be great! He is going to do the Perry plan with the ward which makes him really excited! Ha ha things are going to be great here. The work is moving forward crazy fast! 

With as hard as this week has been, I have loved it soo much! I truly love MIssoula and the people here are so great. It is weird to be in a big city again...I feel very lost all the time. It took us like an hour to find coldstone! But we found it, so that's good! :) Well, I love you all very much and I miss you all. I hope that you are having a great week! LOVES!
-Sister Malynne Erbe


p.s. I called Uncle Frog, and we might go out to lunch today. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment