Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Conversation with mom. Transferring to Missoula. Temple!!! Exciting Stuff!

Malynne:  Hey, are you there? I have to tell you something crazy!!!! :)

Mom:  I am here going home.  Give me five min.

Malynne:  Okay, mom your brain will explode so hurry!!! :)

Mom:  Home.

Malynne:  You ready for this? 

Sent a picture of my new ring from Lowell

Malynne:  OOh, that's pretty! :) 

Mom:  Waiting!!!  Do you like my new wedding ring?  Dad bought it for me.  The picture doesn't do it justice.

Malynne:  I love it! :) I should send you a picture of my new watch. I love it! Anyway...I am getting transferred! I am taking my companion with me! We are going to Missoula! :) 

Mom:  Is that what is making my head explode?  I actually got a text from Lucy this morning.  She said that you were being transferred to Missoula, so I knew that, I did not know that your companion is going with you.  How do you feel about this?  I have to go pick up Connor, so hurry and right back.  If I don't respond, give me another 5 minutes.

Malynne:  Well, they are going to build a temple in Missoula, and that's why i'm going there. :) 

Mom:  When?  How did you find out?  What will you be doing?  Construction?

Malynne:  :) President Mecham had a huge meeting with all the missionaries in Missoula (this did not include me, because I am here right at this moment.) He told then that they were 130 baptisms away from splitting the stake and building a temple. If they worked hard enough they would announce it in April, and that they would start work in 2015. Then they said they were putting 2 sets of missionaries in each ward. Well, there is us and a set of Elders in Missoula 1st ward. President Mecham called us and talked to us this morning, and told us all about it and then told us that he prayed and chose the missionaries that he trusted the most to send there. So, I don't know if we are like the most trustworthy or what makes us so special, but we get to be a part of it, and I am totally stoked! 


Mom:  Malynne, that is so cool.  It brought tears to my eyes AGAIN!!!  You are going to be a part of getting that area ready for their temple.  How COOL is that.  Again, I can only say how proud of you I am...that you are doing what you are suppose to be doing.  Are you going to write a big letter, or should I use this last little bit and send it on as your weekly letter?  Last night my phone rang off the hook asking where your letter was!  Have you been able to contact Uncle Frog?  Are you going to do it?  Grandma is hounding me to know if you are planning on moving into her basement apartment.  I told her it is 6 months away and that you are not even thinking about that right now, but she wants to know.  She still wants to charge $600 a month, and I told her there was no way that you would afford that, that at the least you would need to find roommates.

Malynne:  yes, I am sending out a big letter. I just got permission to call Uncle frog. I am planning on moving into her basement...but there is no way I can afford that, and Sister Jones doesn't get off of her mission until December and she was going to be one of my roommates.  Oh, hey, Scott King is coming down to Lehi this weekend and he says that if there is anything that you want to send up with him he is more than happy to bring it up to me, even if I'm in Missoula. 

Mom:  Should I tell her you want to move in in January and to rent it out until then?

Malynne:  Yeah, that sounds great. :) That would give me some time to find a job and some money and some roommates. 
I will give you his number 406-360-1787. :) 

Mom:  when is he coming?

Malynne:  This weekend, and I think he'll be there for a week.

Mom:  Since you are in Missoula maybe you can contact Uncle Frog and send some stuff home with him.  He is coming to visit Grandma Alma for her birthday in April!!!!  Good idea!!!! 

Malynne:  yes! That is a great idea!!!! I want to send lots of stuff home! Well, I have to go through it and figure out what I do and what I don't want. 
Hey mom, we are heading up to Missoula in like 5 minutes. I love you very much, and I will talk to you next week! :) I love you!!!! 

Mom: Address!!!!  Please!!!! 

Mom:  MALYNNE.....I WANT YOUR NEW ADDRESS!!!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment