Monday, February 10, 2014

Conversation with mom. Hamilton, Montana

Mom:  I am at home sick.  i hope that being home means that we will get to chat and that you will send me some pictures to remind me of what you look like.  Missing you lots and lots.

Malynne:  Hey mom, I am here right now! :) How are you doing?


Mom:  Malynne, I am so happy that maybe we will get to talk for a minute or two.  I am not feeling great today, but talking to you make me feel better.  Are you sending pictures today?  Did you get your package?

Malynne:  I do have some pictures. :) I did get the package, I am sending you an email telling you all about it. ha ha :P 

Malynne then responded to the letter that I sent her.  Here is her response letter to my letter and my letter.

Malynne:  So, funny story, your handwriting and mine look super similar sometimes. :) So, maybe I did write that, but I don't remember ever writing it either...maybe it did fall from the sky. Or, maybe I don't remember because I don't remember loads of stuff ha ha. Well, I am sorry your week was hard. Mine was pretty hard too. Sounds like yours was waaay harder though! Oh man, The Nelsons are getting divorced!!! What the heck happened!!!! :( I would've never seen that one comin' in a million years! I am so glad that you had that experience at the temple though! :) I miss going to the temple. I can't wait to be able to go whenever I want to again! I am very proud of you mom!!! Ha ha! I am so glad that you have relationships with the Elders, Elders are soo much fun! :) Also many of them are incredibly good looking. There's just something' about missionaries! I wished that missionaries would be a part of our family after talking with Sister Jones and hearing all of her stories with the Sisters. I am so glad that the missionaries come over. I am also glad that my siblings get to interact with them. :) They are just normal people and sometimes people forget that. :P I might write them both a letter and thank them...would that be weird? Yeah probably...don't know if I will, but I might. :P When are transfers? I can't write them a letter and then they get transferred! Um...maybe I just won't. I am putting way too much thought into this!! 
...Okay anyway! I did get the package and I loved it! :) I wasn't sure if it was valentines day or my year mark, but I was happy about it. I loved all of the clothes soo much! Thank you soo much. Oh, also I shared with Sister Siilata and she loved them too. I kept the pink shirt instead of the white lacey shirt. She also have the yellow sweater. I gave her the black and white sleeved shirts....you should see my poor samoan companion in the snow! I love the skirt and the blazer and the white shirt. Except guess what happened!!!! Oh man, I wore the white shirt yesterday and I loved it, then I washed it and went to wear it again today and it was dyed yellow!!!! It looks like it is supposed to be yellow, but it was white and now it is not white and I was not very happy about it. It's still cute and I love it a lot! Soo many compliments on the skirt! So great!  I didn't get to eat the curry yet, I get to eat it on Friday. :) I am soo stoked! 

So, this is why my week was hard. I hit my year mark. I am coming home in 6 months and I am not the person I want to be yet. I wanted to come on a mission and lose a bunch of weight (this is a really big struggle for me right now) and read all of these scriptures and then be this awesome beautiful spiritual giant, but I don't feel like I have accomplished what I wanted to. I was looking back on my mission and thinking about when I was the happiest on my mission, and it was when I was walking everywhere and losing weight and feeling good, and excercising everyday and eating well. I want to feel like that again. I am on a diet right now, but I am not doing super good at it. I planned out all my meals for the month of February, but people keep trying to give me cookies and stuff and trying to feed me and I don't want to offend anyone. We are living with a sister who will yell at us if we move or do anything before 7. Housing situation got better as far as hot water, but the lady we live with is kind of mean sometimes. So, anyway I just want to be thin when I get home, and I am struggling a lot with the fact that I gained 5 more pounds and I am heavier than I have ever been in my life. Yep....that's why this week was hard for me. Advice on diet and excercise to help me lose 50 to 60 lbs in 6 months? I can't use any workout equipment at all except a jumprope and I just bought one today. 

Mom:  On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Jacinda Erbe <jkerbe@comcast.net> wrote:
2 Nephi 31:20  Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men.  Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father:  ye shall have eternal life.

Dear Malynne,
I was doing laundry, had all the baskets spread out on my bedroom floor and I saw this piece of paper that said, "2 nephi 31:20 (heart) Malynne".  It looked like it was my handwriting, but I have no memory of writing it.  It literally fell from the sky and reminded me of what a beautiful girl you are.

This week has been hard!!!!  We went from doing 5 food orders to doing 9 food orders, Karen Ashman's father passed away suddenly, took Sienna to the temple (beautiful experience I will tell you more of it later), and am trying to comfort Caroline Nelson as her husband bomb shelled that he wants a divorce.  It has been a tough week, but the spirit has been strong and I have had the strength to do what needs to be done.

So....I took Sienna Stothers to the temple to sit in the waiting room and just feel the spirit.  You know how the spirit can slap you in the face as soon as you walk in?  I wanted Sienna to feel the spirit and have a desire to attend the temple.  While there she told me that she doesn't want to go to the temple because it is for married people.  I said a silent prayer and then said, "let's count how many women come by themselves vs. how many come with their husbands."  It was a miracle.  The next 20-30 people to walk through the door were single women (without a companion).  Sienna started to cry.  We talked about how temple covenants are not between a man and his wife (except the sealing ordinance, but even that one has covenants you make between you and god), but between you/an individual and God.  I told her that you can't follow your husband to heaven, you have to walk your own footsteps, make your own covenants.  She committed to pay her tithing, and we talked about her setting a date to attend.  She wants to go to more temples and sit in the waiting room!!!  We are going to schedule another one on the 18th.

You would be so proud of your family.  We are missionaries, doing missionary work.  The full time Elders LOVE to come to our home and hang out between visits (I think they are really wanting to get a ride and we oblige).  They are Elder Vanaukauku (something like that) from Texas - he is Tongan, and Elder Polima from Samoa.  Elder V is dang good looking.  You would be tripping in your shoes.  He goes home at the end of March, but is planning on returning to Utah to go to BYU.  He has asked about you, where you are serving, when you get home, if you are as crazy as the rest of your siblings etc. He has also told dad that he loves our fun, crazy family.  Elder Polima is also a good looking man, but not beautiful like Elder V. BUT, Elder Polima is hesterical!  He is so fun.  The kids love that the missionaries like coming to our home.  I do as well.

Did you get the package?  did the clothes fit?  Do you like them? Did you share?  Did you get to eat Curry yet?

I need to go, we are having our Olympics opening ceremony party tonight and I am working the kids like dogs.  I think maybe I should go help.
I love you.
Congratulations on your one year mark!  Yesterday everywhere I went I said, "My daughter has been on her mission for one year today!" Some people loved it and some people, like the bank clerk, didn't really care.
Please take care.  Let me know if you need any little thing.
Love, MOM

Mom:  Which white shirt?  Maybe I can send you another one.  Which brand, lace/no lace long sleeve????  Tell me.

Malynne:  It is the white one with the blue flowers all over it.

Mom:  Is it from the Gap?

Malynne:  Yep, it's Gap. :)

Mom:  Looking for it now.

Mom:  Malynne, write the Elders a letter today!!!  Elder Vatanuku goes home in March, so I think he his here until he leaves.  Elder Polima????I don't know how long he will be here.  You should write them a letter.

The Nelsons,  as Sister Nelson would say, "This is what happens when you don't nurture your marriage.  When all the kids leave and there is nothing there, you learn what you should have done."  I don't like using peoples unfortunate circumstances as examples, but if anything good is to come of this is that other people start valuing their marriages, and follow the prophet....Friday night date night, couples prayer, etc.

About loosing weight.  Work out!  Park far away from the front of stores, only use stairs, no elevators, and use that jumprope.  I had a friend in high school that jumproped everyday and lost about 70 lbs over 5 months.  Also, Summer is coming and you will get your bike back, right?  Go the long way to all your appointments.  When you get home we will work out together.

Malynne:  Yeah, I just want to be thin!!!! I am going to use the jumprope for sure! I know that Sister Siilata is down for this, but we are going to wake up early and come to the church and work out. It will just be hard if she is transferred and then I have to figure out if a new companion would be willing to sacrifice just 15 minutes of sleep to come and work out for an hour with me. I really hope neither of us get transferred. We have 3 weeks so it's not tons to worry about yet. 

Hey, how exactly do you spell the Elders names? I don't want to write them a letter and feel like a loser for spelling their names wrong. :P 

Mom:  Elder V and Elder P

Malynne: Thanks mom. :P But seriously is it in like the ward bulletin or something? Are they on facebook? Can you call them and ask them without being weird and saying "My daughter is going to write you a letter?" Oh, by the way, I love the shirt and the color. :) I am going to try to get out the yellow and make it white again. It doesn't look super bad yellow actually. But some spots are darker than others. 

Hey, I gotta go really soon, but do you know their names? How to spell them? 

Mom:  Elder Va'enuku and Elder Poulima.  Also, I got another white/blue flower shirt in a tall size, but I think it will work.  Still work on getting the yellow out of the one you have.  I want more pictures!@!!!!! 

Malynne:  K, I wrote it down. :) I am soo excited for a white shirt! I love this shirt a lot!  Oh, also Sister Siilata wants to know what part of Samoa Elder Poulima is from. 

Mom:  Also, you meet Lucy Anderson's mom? 

Malynne:  Yep, she is awesome!!!! :) She gave me a bunch of bananas :) 

Mom:  Hey, so, what if I write a letter to the lady that you live with and just say thank you for taking care of my daughter and maybe send her a GC?  Do you think she would be nicer to you?  Maybe smile at your?  Be sure and take a picture of her.....you will want one in your blog book.

Malynne:  Sure you can try, I don't know how much good it will do. :P But yeah, I will get one before we move out. We are moving out of her house in March. 

Mom:  What is her name?  

Malynne:  Sister Wilson.  Thanks mom. 

Mom:  Are you still there?  I just want to say that I love you!  You are doing good and look so happy.  I love you.

Malynne:  I am pretty happy. :) Thanks mom, I do have to go, but I love you too! 

Mom:  Loves.  Stay safe until next week.  Loves.  Loves.  Loves.  Loves.....

Malynne:  LOVES LOVES LOVES LOVES LOVES! 



No comments:

Post a Comment