Monday, December 23, 2013

"I am 20! Oh my gosh!"

Well. My first official email being 20 years old. I am 20. Oh my gosh I am 20!!!!!! I am freaking out! But, it was a good birthday and I was very happy! :)

So Monday we went out and visited a less active family and they are soo sweet I love them so much. :) They made me happy and they crack me up. I hope that we can help them in some way. :) Their names are the Shears. 

Tuesday we ran around like crazy people doing service. First we went to Pat Englands and we made cookies, then we went over to the Shears to help make cookies. Then we had to run to our dinner, and then we had a relief society cookie activity. We played what it, and there were soo many questions about the missionaries. We laughed 'til we cried and loved every minute of it. :)

Wednesday was a crazy day! We went and we helped do service with an active member. She needed help decorating her tree because she had no motivation and her teenagers wouldn't :P She is so funny! :) We went and did that and she fed us lunch. We went out and we saw Dot who used to be a member but had her records removed. So, I am not super sure exactly what she is. :P She loves visits from missionaries though. We went visited with Carol Christensen afterwards. Oh my goodness she is so prepared! She is trying to study about Jesus Christ, but she just doesn't know what she believes. She doesn't really think that she wants a change, but she is ready for one and I can feel it. God has definitely been preparing her, and i know that she is one of the most important reasons that I am here in this area! :) I love her so much. We showed her a cute little Christmas video and it just talked to her. But then we had to run because we had dinner and then we had Bills interview. So, we ran to dinner and we just talked about Christmas and then we went to the church. The Elders got there and Elder Beck went and met with Bill. :) He told us that it was such a great interview, and Bill was so excited to get baptized! Then, that night we drove up to Bigfork and we spent the night with a member family. 

The next morning we got up at 3 and we got ready. The Elders came and picked us up at 4 and we drove up to the little brown church to meet the big 15 passenger van. That van drove us down to Helena for the Christmas zone conference with the west side of the mission. I got to see soo many of my favorite people there! :) Sister Holbrook, Sister Parr, Sister Barkdull, Sister Todd, Sister Davis, Elder White, and Elder Wyatt, Elder Schlenker, And President and Sister Mecham! :) It was soo good. Best part of the whole day was the letters with the testimonies written on them of my family. I bawled like a baby...fortunately I wasn't the only one. It was so awesome and pretty emotional, but I loved it. It ended at 5 and we headed straight back to Bigfork. We rode with the Polson Elders and they drove us all the way home. We got home around 11 and finally went to bed at about 11:30 after planning and getting ready. We were both exhausted! 

Friday morning came and we were both so tired! We got up and tried to make it through studies, but we both weren't incredibly functional. The primary president called and asked us if we would color some place mats for the Christmas party because her primary kids weren't able to finish it. So, that's what we did! :) We colored and colored and colored! It was really fun, and we were cracking each other up! It was way fun. That's actually what we did most of the day. We went and helped wrap presents a little bit, and then we went to dinner at a restauraunt called Heathers for one of the Sisters 75th birthday. It was really fun, and we had a good time. After the birthday party we got to go and watch a short little Christmas play that one of the members was putting on in the alliance church. We thought it would be a good opportunity to go and show support and get our faces out there. We got to talk to quite a few people and so it was good. Afterwards we went to the Branch Presidents house to get the programs for Bills baptism made. We went over there, and his wife was stressing. So, one of us made the program while the other wrapped presents. Then we got all the presents wrapped and then we decorated the tree. :) Then we had to go home, so we promised to come and shovel their walks in the morning and then to help them finish up what they needed to.

Saturday morning we woke up and we went and shoveled walks for 4 hours. It was crazy! There was lots to do. There was an old man and we were shoveling his drive way, and he came out and kind of got mad. He told us that he was perfectly capable to doing it on his own and he didn't need our help. Then he told us that he was "Hardshell baptist and a born again Christian." And then he said "You know, you girls should really explore this avenue and learn about Jesus Christ. I feel that it would be much better for you." We took it in stride and walked away until we got to the truck. Then we cracked up laughing! :) Soo funny! We drove back over to the Egberts and we helped them clean up their house and get ready for Christmas a little more. Then we went home to get ready for the baptism. :) Bills baptism was at noon and it was so amazing! He was baptized and he just stood there in the water motionless for a minute. Then he started breathing really hard and cried a little bit. He felt clean, and he was just soakin' it in! So awesome and powerful! After the baptism we went home and we did our studies in between the baptism and the ward Christmas dinner party. Then we went to the party. :) It was soo good, and there was a really awesome turnout! Lots of good food, and company. I loved it! After the party we went to visit with Sister Miller, and we just shared a quick message because we had to go home.

Sunday morning I woke up, looked at Sister Jones and said "I'm 20." Then she said "Oh my gosh you have a box to open!" :) So awesome! I gotta wear a new sweater to church! :D soo exciting! Also, Bill was confirmed for my birthday. It was a good blessing, and he was excited about it also! He didn't know that he was going to get a blessing and that made him happy. After church, we had a lesson with Bill, and it was great..again! :) He loves the gospel, and it makes me so happy! Then, we went and visited a few members and taught a few lessons and we went home to go to bed. :) It was a really great week. 

I am so thankful for Christmas! It is such a special time of year and I am so thankful for your testimonies and everything that you do for me. I am just so thankful for my Savior, and that I have this chance to talk and teach about him in the greatest mission in the world, the Billings Montana mission! :) I love it so much! I pray that you will make Him the center of your Christmas and that you will strive to live worthy of his spirit. It truly is the only thing that makes you happy! I LOVE YOU ALL SOO MUCH! I can't wait to talk with you on Wednesday! LOVES!

-Sister Malynne Erbe

No comments:

Post a Comment