Monday, December 16, 2013

Go get those Packages NOW!

I sent Malynne a 12 Days of Christmas Box and watched the delivery satus.  It arrived on Thursday as of Saturday it had not been picked up.  The first of the 12 days started on Saturday.  I called the mission home and asked them to call Malynne to pick it up.  On Sunday it still had not been picked up.  This is the letter I wrote on Sunday evening and the conversation that followed.

Mom:  Malynne,
Did you get your mail?  If not go get it NOW!  Also, there is only one more package from me that will be coming to you before Christmas.  I think it will be there on Wednesday or Thursday. Check often and get it.  It contains both Christmas and Birthday! Also, there are a couple articles of clothing in the box to come. You need to remember this.  They can not be dried in a dryer or they will never fit you again.  You can wash them IN COLD WATER and hang them to dry!
Do you still receive the Ensign?
We had a wonderful morning!  We went to the the MOTAB Christmas concert.  The feature singer was Deborah Voight, a soprano from New York, Broadway.  She was good, but you will be happy to know that she was nothing like last years Alfie Bo.  Last year was the Candy Bomber, which was excellent.  This year was John Reyes Davies (Gimly from the Lord of the Rings).  He told the story of Charles Dickens before he wrote the Christmas Story.  It was excellent.  Basically we voted that last year was over all better, but we still enjoyed this year.  Connor has decided that this is our new family tradition, so we will be going for sure, with or without tickets (standby if needed) and you will be with us!
Today was also our day to do dinner with Grandma.  We were all a little grumpy about it, WE have been going going going and everyone wanted to stay home.  We went. (Those words describe the attitude we had when we were all getting into the car).  We got there, ate dinner and then we started singing songs, Christmas songs, for Grandma.  She laughed, smiled and cried.  Jolene laughed smiled and cried and told us that Grandma has not been that happy in a long time.  It was a beautiful evening.  The girls had BYD and they wanted to stay and sing, rather than go to BYD.  That is how good it was.  When we got in the car all the bad attitudes were gone and everyone was glad we went.  Dad talked about how he never had a relationship with his grandparents, but he remembers the outings/Sundays that his dad loaded the family, drove across town, and spent an evening similar to ours tonight with his grandparents. He remembers the family outings and how loyal his father was to his parents.  I hope that we are not only teaching to love our elders but that we are giving an opportunity to our children to get to know their grandmother.
Malynne, I hope that you enjoy this holiday season!  I hope that you keep your focus on Christ and you really feel the spirit.  I am so excited to talk to you.  In your package there is a box that says Do Not Open. We all have a box exactly like yours.  We will all open them together when we have you on the phone/skype.  Please do not ruin the surprise.
I love you and am so looking forward to talking to you.
Stay warm.  I love you.
Mom

Malynne:  I am so excited for Christmas mom! :)  I am so happy that Connor concluded that the Christmas concert is our new tradition! :) I am also really really happy that I am only out here for one Christmas. It will make this Christmas loads more special to be able to skype you, I am really looking forward to it! :) I will be able to skype you from my ipad, so you need to make an account and then let me know what it is so that I can get in touch with you! Also, the ensign I don't get it very often, so I am not really sure where it goes. However, I do get it on my ipad every single month, so if you want like if it's costing you money then just cancel it and it will all be good. :) We were able to speak in church the other day, and we focused on Christ and missionary work. Honestly it is crazy how closely our salvation is tied with bringing others to our Savior. It was good to be able to speak in church, and to be able to focus more fully on our Savior. It is really nice to be able to just listen to Handles Messiah, and to be able share mormon messages about Christmas, and scriptures. Oh, if you want the Christmas spirit go onto lds.org go to the mormon messages part, and then type in 'kids and Christmas' and it will take you to the CUTEST! Mormon message ever! :) I am so glad that you got to go and sing to Grandma. :) I think I have resolved that when I get home I am going to take my siblings with me at least once a week, and to go and sing to the people in the old folks home. Just singing hymns and stuff. :) Service makes me happy, and we have all been given musical talent for a reason right? Well, I miss you and I love you and I am so excited to be able to talk to you in a week!!! well a little more than a week, but let's just round it down! :) I love you so much and I hope that you have an awesome week! LOVES!
-Sister Malynne Erbe

Mom:  Malynne, you need to check your PO Box everyday, Thursday on until you get a big pkg.  Next week I will be mailing two more packages.  You need to check often.  Love you.  Hope you get this message soon.  Loves!

Monday morning I get this from Malynne - Conversation to follow.

Malynne:  Hey funny story! We went up to Thompson Falls, and we got a call from the mission home. It was really funny because we can't' exactly check our mailbox while we are up there...so I have been dying all week to go and get it! :) I am really excited about a box!

Mom:  Have you got it yet?  It is the 12 days of Christmas so you have some days to catch up on.  When will you get it?

Malynne:  Today I am going to go and get it in about an hour. We got back last night, and the front desk was closed, so we are going today so I can get it. 

Mom:  Are you staying in plains for a while?  There is another pkg coming.

Malynne:  Yeah we will be in Plains until after Christmas. :) 

Mom:  Hey, are you still there?  I just got home.


Malynne:  I am here, we ran to the post office to get my boxes! They are as big as me and everyone was laughing while I carried them to the truck. :) I am so excited! Which one can I open now? 

Mom:  One of them has lots of little stuff in it.  The other one has birthday and Christmas.  Look at the shipping dates.  Open the one that was shipped first first.


Malynne:  Okay, so I open them both now?


Mom:  NO.  Look at the shipping dates.  One of them was mailed on the 10th.  That one you can open.  The other one you can open on your birthday.


Malynne: Okay, got it. :) 

Mom:  Malynne, I hope that you are still there and that you are writing a letter for everyone.  Debbie Troutman just called and she has more stuff she wants me to send to you.  I went and picked it up and she asked me where your letter is?  She said that on Monday's she checks her computer often, watching for your letters.  She said that you are her hero.  She loves getting your letters!  I will be mailing another package tomorrow so watch for it around Saturday or Monday.  Loves!


Malynne:  Ha ha I am writing my mass email now. :) We had to open presents for a minute and then I let Sister Jones jump on for a minute! Alright well, we screamed our heads off at the Christmas CD's! :D you are the best! 
Oh, also Sister Jones (that's my new companion) She is the best and we are super similar and I love her soo much! :) Also her mom is doing the same thing with the do not open Christmas present until her and her whole family can open them together. :) So you should get in contact with her you would be like best friends! :) 
Find her on FB:
Lori Bosworth Jones

Or email her! 

You have found a best friend...you're welcome! :) 


Mom:  What else have you opened so far?  I already emailed your companions mom.  I hope she writes back.  Where is she from?  I said that you said if I wanted a new best friend I should email her.  I went and picked up more stuff from Debbie.  It is going to cost a lot to mail it.  I hope you like hand warmers, toe warmers and body warmers.  She bought you a BIG box of them.  Share???!!!??!!

Malynne:  Ha ha I am sure we will love them ha ha :P I don't even know what half of them are! My companion is from Lumis California like super close to Rocklin where Grandma lives. :) She is awesome I seriously love her! I am glad that I get to share the 12 days of Christmas with her. She emailed Sister Jones and told her that you did, Sister Jones gave her your email and stuff too, so she knew who you were. :) She said that she had to go, so she will probably email a little later. :P 

Mom:  So I have been working on a blog for you.  Do you want to see it?

Malynne:  um...link didn't work. :( 

Mom:  Hummm....Try Sister Erbe's Billings Montana Mission.blogspot.com???   jkerbe42@gmail.com  mne815oz

Malynne:  Nope, it's something.blogspot.com what's the URL?


Malynne:  Yay thanks! :) 

Mom:  Hey girl, We need to leave in 15 minutes to go to Makenna's Christmas concert.  Or should I say the first of two.  We have another one on Wed.

Malynne:  fun! :) Tell her good luck and that I love her! I have to leave in like 15 minutes to go to dinner with a member. :) Yay food!  













No comments:

Post a Comment