Monday, November 11, 2013

20/20 Progam, Plains, Montana

Dear Malynne,
Today was Eddie Tilley's homecoming.  While I was sitting in sacrament meeting I got a very strong impression that I want to share with you.  I was thinking about all the things I have to do, about people I am concerned about in our ward, about bills that need to be paid, people I need to call, Christmas Shopping, oil changes that are needed on which cars....you know, all the stuff I should not be thinking about during Sacrament meeting, but stuff that just kept running through my head.  I said to myself I wish there was a time that I did not have to worry about these things, and instead focus on the things that really matter, that so often I put on the end of the list, "the back burner".  Then I thought of you.  This is your time to totally focus on those things that are of the most importance.  You are so blessed to take this opportunity, to not only bring others to Christ, but to build your own personal relationship with Christ.  Take advantage of the time you have and be ready to teach me when you return.
I want to know what is your favorite scripture today.  (I am sure that your favorite scripture changes often).
So just want to let you know that you made everyone's day on Thursday when your letters arrived!  We all felt the love.  Thank you!!!!  I gave your letter to the Bishop this morning and he smiled big and said, "tell her I love her".
Then on Friday your big box arrived!!!!  Sorry for sending you so much crap!!!!  I will only send you stuff I know you will use.  I must say that I am surprised that you sent the black and brown skirts home.  I have a blue one and I LOVE it.  It keeps me warm in the winter!!!  Kira loves my blue skirt.....I am going to love wearing the brown one and I am sure the black one will get worn also.  Did you get the new skirt?  Do you like it?  I have one exactly like it and I love it!!!!!  Do you need shirts, or sweaters?  Send me colors and I will send you what you want.
Schmoo, I love you.  I miss you.  I am so proud of you.  I hope you are well, physically, mentally and spiritually.  I hope you love your companion.  Pacific Islanders have a culture all their own and are so loving.  I am sure you will love her if you don't already.
I am excited for your letter tomorrow.
Loves,
Mom

I saw that Eddie got home and my brain exploded. I can't believe that he is home already!!!! I can't believe I am officially closer to the end of my mission than I am to the beginning. It is the most amazing time when I don't have to worry about anything except these wonderful people that I am working with. :) God is gracious and he takes care of me and everyone that I love and I know that the blessings that come from me being here will never end. Don't feel bad, but I wrote dad another letter, and it is like the longest letter I have written. I miss him soo much and I was feeling very homesick for my dad so I wrote him a letter. I am glad that I have such an awesome family. I have committed to writing home more to everyone. :) 
I am soo glad that my box made it home. :) Ha ha yeah it was a big box, but mostly I sent a lot of it home because I accumulate a ton on my mission and members give me things that the thought of not having them with me makes me sad. :P I do love the brown and black skirts, but I love my other skirts more and figured that you could use them. :) One thing that I definitely need is more white shirts. I know I just asked for some, but I seriously wear those like every single day because they go with everything and they are easy to accessorize and they are just my favorite thing. I have had some shirts that I took out with me on my mission that have now lasted 9 months. They are no longer white...they are like a grayish color and they are ripping in strange places. Also sweaters. Like plain sweaters from target or something that don't have like flowers or crazy prints, just colorful ones that I can throw on with my outfits and it will be simple. That's really the only thing that I really need right now. Oh, and stamps if you can that would be awesome, now that I have moved I have a lot more people to write. :P Oh, and yes I love the skirt. I loved the whole box it made me happy. I loved Makaylas giraffe that she drew me. I got tons of compliments on my outfit at church this week. It was awesome! (I wore your skirt you sent me.) 
Oh, and as far as my favorite scripture goes, it hasn't changed in quite a while actually. My favorite scripture is Alma 19:10 "And Ammon said unto her; blessed art thou because of thy exceeding faith. I say unto thee, Woman, there has not been such great faith among all the people of the Nephites." Everything starts with faith, conversion starts with faith, miracles start with faith, growth in the gospel starts with faith. Ammon is speaking to King Lamoni's wife and when he tells her what happens she believes him and is converted. I want someone to look at me and see how much faith I had and how much I have and for them to be able to recognize the trust I put in the Lord. Not just faith in my areas and faith in my missionary work, but being able to apply my faith and be patient through trials knowing that i will be okay. Be faithful through everything and to always be looking ahead and believing and trusting in my Savior and in his promised blessings. That's my favorite scripture and the explainaton thereof. :) 

I am definitely doing better than last week, but it has been a crazy week. How many things can happen in one week? Don't know but definitely had like 10 crazy huge things happen. I will send you my long email about it. Mom, thank you so much for everything that you do. You are so awesome, and I am so grateful for everything that you do. :) I love you! 
-Sister Malynne Erbe

Mom - What color of sweaters do you want?  Do you want cardigans or pull over type?  Pull over type are easier to find in your size.  Hope you are still there.  I am at work, but will watch for your response.  Also how is yor companion?  What is her name?

Malynne - I am here still. :) My companion is Sister Wallace, she is awesome and I love her. I want cardigans, but just like any bright colors that you can get me. Mostly like blues and greens, and maybe a black one, but yeah just bright.

Mom - Tell me about your area.  Is it beautiful?

Malynne - Yes it is seriously gorgeous! I never knew a place could have so many trees and gah it is beautiful. There is definitely a different missionary style here than there was in Lovell and I don't like it. I am changing it to the way it is supposed to be ha ha :P The ward it having a lot of internal struggles so basically we have to work from the inside out and then we can move on with missionary work because we can't do much without the members. I am sick of staying inside I am ready to work! There's lots to be done! 

Mom - Are you still sick?  I have been sick with a dumb head cold for over a week.  Tired of it!  Tell me what you are doing to straighten up the members?  I could really use some advice on how to get the sisters "Missionary minded".  We have been asked to step up the missionary work within our ward and I feel like I am only one that knows and cares about the less actives (not trying to brag, but I think I do OK in that area.....better than most.  I am not afraid to meet others and be friends to those that don't go to church).

Malynne - Yeah, I am still sick. I finally got to go to the doctor and he told me I have a really severe case of bronchitis and that I have to take these pills that make me really drowsy and an inhaler to help with my wheezing. He also doesn't want me to be outside more than i have to because the cold air makes me cough more and coughing is what they are trying to avoid with me right now. So slow steps to get me better we are going out for a couple of hours every day, but still have to send a lot of time at home! :( And, with the members I am doing a 20, 20 program. We make 20 appointments a week with less actives or investigators and then we are making 20 appointments with members and taking them to those lessons. Once they catch the spirit of missionary work it will help with the lazy internal struggle that they are having in their ward and also it will help them get the spirit and want to be better missionaries. And, if they tell me no they don't want to go out, well I have been called and set apart to call them to repentance and I will. And I will be very blunt about it. You are not going to tell me no you are not going to keep your covenants, I am not putting up with that.  


No comments:

Post a Comment