Tuesday, July 16, 2013

This week was a little rough...Need more sleep and less stress.

This week was a little rough. Yeah, I just have had a hard week pretty much. We have had a lot of investigators drop us this week, and I am not incredibly hopeful about keeping the baptism date that we have scheduled for this Saturday. There were 3 days straight where we just taught the people we ate dinner with because people wouldn't let us in or they weren't home. The weekend started to get better and we were able to teach more people. :) A lot of the members here started talking about the missionaries 'slacking' they really like to talk and yesterday at church I had quite a few people come up to make sure that 'my heart was in the right place'. It is hard when people you love so much question you...and I am honestly not sure what we have done differently this week than I have done in the past. Sister lasson is more shy than Sister Davis was and so people are thinking that I'm not a good trainer because our lessons aren't as fluid as they used to be. She has only been out for 2 weeks so I am not worried, I just feel bad that people think that I am not trying. Last night I was so upset I was crying, and President Hopkin (the first counselor in the mission presidency) called to check up on us. I got to talk to him for a while and I just cried. Another big thing I think that was wrong was that I was exhausted so everything seemed worse than it was. Now that I have slept and can look back on the week I can see that there were definitely some good things happen, just I had some rough patches. MMM..conclusion, people need more sleep and less stress, and they should all try to be more like Christ and not set unattainable standards for other. :) Then the world would be perfect!
So...anyone know how to get rid of earwigs? Yeah our room is infested with them right now. We are trying everything that we possibly can to get rid of them. I know a lot of you won't believe me ha ha but my room is actually clean and there isn't a lot of stuff on the floor. Like a laundry basket and a chair and a desk and our beds. The earwigs are coming out of the walls though and Sister Averett said it is because we live in Lovell and we are living in a spot that just has lots of bugs. I feel like Moses hit his staff on the ground again and out came earwigs to plague us. Maybe we need to repent of something...:P Ha ha just kidding! We went nuts the other night and were up until 11:30, we moved everything and vacuumed everything and then we moved our beds back and sprayed permethrin along all the walls to try to kill them all. That worked, for like a day, and now they are everywhere again, we were doing laundry, and we have to have the vaccume ready to vaccume them all up when we shake them out of our clothes...it is ridiculous! I hate earwigs! I am paranoid all the time...if I get an itch on my ankle I am sure there is a bug on me! So how do I get rid of them?!!!!!

We got to hold a baby pig this week though! :) I have never even seen one until this week, and they are so tiny and fuzzy and soft...when they get big they are super ugly, but they are soo cute as babies! :) We also went down this crazy road in our little car, we were bouncing everywhere ha ha and we were laughing so hard...it was wayyy more fun than it should've been! :) we got to go to Byron (a city right outside of Lovell) and watch fireworks again! ;) there were soo many people there and I got to see some of my favorite people from Burlington and from here in Lovell. It was weird though, ha ha I don't even know how to talk to normal people, I was walking through this massive crowd of people and there was all this music playing sooo loud and I just felt very out of place and then I saw some Elders a few feet away and I was like "Hey Elders!" and they came over and talked to us and they were like "I am so glad that you called us over because we dont' know how to talk to people anymore!" and then I cracked up and I was like "I just look for white shirts and I know I have found friends that I can actually talk to!" It was a super funny conversation because one of the Elders eyes were huge and he looked pretty scared! :P It was just weird to go to a normal social event like that...

We set a baptism date this week...it was for an 8 year old that we have been teaching so it doesn't count as a convert baptism, but it was good. :) I am really glad that we get to teach her and that we get to be a part of her baptism!!!! We are probably going to set another 8 year old baptism this next week which will be good. :) I hope that we can set some baptism dates with our investigators and that we will be able to be here to see them get baptized. People keep reminding me of Abinadi who died before he saw success. I wish that I could see some, but I am sure that in time everyone I have been teaching will be able to be baptized.

I love Sister lasson my companion. We have lots of fun together, and I know that in time we will learn how to be great teachers together! :) Things will get better!!! Oh, but if you would like to write me (please write me) my address is 
335 Pennsylvania Ave.
Lovell Wy, 82431
I would love to get letters from everyone!!!!! 

I love you all very much! I am so blessed to have all of you in my life. Thanks for all the support you offer me and everything that you help me through, even my rough spots. Have a great week! I love you soo much!!!! LOVES!

-Sister Malynne Erbe

No comments:

Post a Comment