Monday, July 8, 2013

Hello fambam!!!!!

I hope your vacation went well. :) I was thinking about you on the 4th of July when we were watching fireworks. I realized a little late that the fireworks that are illegal in Utah are totally legal in Wyoming, so that was embarrassing when someone shot one of those off and I start freaking out telling them that they were going to get in trouble when someone stopped me and asked "Tell me again where you're from Sister..." Yeah then I realized we were in Wyoming and it was all good...TEASING NEVER CEASES! :) It was funny though! Well, you might have gone swimming on the beach for the 4th of July...I went swimming too! yeah in 2 feet of water. It was a super hot day and then it was just torrential down pour like out of the blue. We were riding our vikes, and there was 2 feet of water and we couldn't ride them anymore. One of the bishops took pity on us and invited us inside just in time for the hail to start! Yeah crazy day. We ran around in the puddles with a bunch of kids in a less active family...not exactly the decorum of a missionary everyone is always pushing, but it really built the relationship with this family...and it was fun! So there. :) Yeah it was a crazy day. That night we got to go and watch a firework show, we had permission to stay out until 11 and so we went and saw the show in Cowley (a city just outside of Lovell) They were so close they were exploding over our heads and we were bending over backwards to see them. But, there was kind of a malfunction and a bunch of them exploded on the ground in rapid fire! It was crazy and we felt like we were being shot at! But it was really fun! :)

Well, other than it being the fourth of July we were able to teach a lot of less actives. We have been working with them, and I just don't know how to help some of them. Some of them are willing to come back to church, but there are a lot that just want nothing to do with it. They don't mind us coming over and sharing thoughts and stuff, they just aren't going to come back...sometimes I feel like I am not really doing anything. Like I work so hard, and then we just never work hard enough, there is always more than we can do. Yeah it is frustrating to say the least. 

We got a new investigator this week though! :) It is a young woman who is the band teacher at the high school. She wants to know about the church and why the youth in our church are so different from other people. It is super cool to see that there is such a great example there! :) Sometimes working in Lovell, I can imagine that this is what it would be like to work in Utah county as a missionary...and it is great! :) 

I am not really sure what else to report, we have just been working really hard. I am kind of fried right now, and I want a nap...GOOD THING IT'S P-DAY! :) I miss all of you so soo much this week. Like I have had waves of homesickness where I feel like I am going to be here forever, and then there are times when I am like "Wow I have made if 5 months already this is going so fast!" But yeah, like wave of homesickness now just emailing ha ha so I am going to get off as soon as I send some pictures home. :)  
I LOVE YOU SOO SOO MUCH!  I hope that you have a great week I can't wait to hear about all of your awesome adventures from California!!! LOVES!
-Sister Malynne Erbe


No comments:

Post a Comment