Monday, April 1, 2013

So this week, I feel like I can't remember what happened. Things get blurred together a lot in my head and I can't tell the difference between them. ;) That is a good thing though, because I am becoming more absorbed in the work. :)
We spent a lot of time doing service this week again. Jasmyn the 9 year old who was baptized last week, it was her family. The Garcias are amazing, and I just love them so much! They are moving to a little town near Logan Utah this week. So we went over and helped them move out nad pack up all of their stuff and clean their house. We spent Thursday night, Friday basically all day, and a lot of Saturday over there. They are such a special family! We just clicked so well with them and it was hard for us to see them go. We were packing up the kitchen and Saige the oldest daughter found some of their dyed Easter eggs and went to throw them away. Except we all grabbed bats and tennis rackets and we smashed them into the dumpster! SOOO FUN!!! Oh my gosh new Easter tradition! :) Then we went to go and get pizza so that we could all have dinner. They turned on a christian rock cd and we all seriously went nuts and had a crazy dance party in the kitchen. We were laughing so hard! I love them sooo much!!!! We went back again on Friday and just helped load the van, so we are pretty sore. We went back again on Saturday to help them clean up their apartment, but we brought all of the other missionaries with us to help. So we had like 30 people there and they were all helping clean up the house so it went really fast. :) They moved this week, and it was really hard to see them go, but it will be really good for their family to move to Utah where they will have more support.

We got to go to the temple this Saturday morning. :) It is awesome that I am in Billings because I can go to the temple. We had to be there for the 6:30 session so we had to get up at 5:00 in the morning so that we could be there on time. It was wonderful to get to go, but we were soo tired! Man, we kept falling asleep and it was hard to stay awake. We were doing the head bob the entire time. The worst part was that President Mecham came and he kept looking at us. I was worried he would be mad, but he told us that it was good to see how exhausted we were because it means that we are working hard. It was a rough morning though.

So my companion wasn't feeling to great so we spent time at home unless we had set appointments. I was really hoping that she would be better for Easter, and she was! But Easter night I got really really sick, and I am still super sick. I have a fever and chills and stuff, I just barely woke up so I could email and I am probably going right back to bed. I hope that I will get better soon though!

So for Easter they had a devotional with the whole mission over the phone. Everyone was on mute except for those whose turn it was to speak or participate. We got to listen to it and it was SUPER GOOD!!! I feel so blessed to be here with such an awesome mission president! :)

Then we went to church and it was all centered around Jesus Christ atonement and we had 4 of our investigators come to sacrament meeting, and maybe another one, but we really don't know because we didn't know who she was, but she might've been an investigator. Right after church we got to go over to our investigator Nancy Doneys house.We just talked to her about the atonement and about being forgiven and having Christ make things easier and can heal us. Then we got to read 3 Nephi 11 with her and talk about the resurrection. Then we asked her if she would get baptized and she said that she would get baptized in time. She really doesn't want a date or anything yet, but we were very happy that she is open to it. Then we went over to the Hammers for Easter dinner and it was crazy and we had kids running all over us and it was fun. :) Easter this year was amazing because for the first time we really had the entire day focused on Christ. It was an amazing spiritual day! 

We went to the rims last night as well, if you have never seen them, go look them up. They are so beautiful! We went and took lots of pictures and it was just an awesome sight. So after spending the whole day focused on Christ and what he has done for us we got to spent the evening on the rims marveling at how beautiful the world is. It was truly an amazing day. :)

The transfer ended yesterday night! Can you believe I have been here in Montana for 6 weeks already? We had transfer calls this morning so we were all freaking out and worried that one of us would get transferred. And guess what! It is April fools day, so we all thought that they would be lying to us all and that freaked us out even more. So they called this morning and both Sister Letalu are both staying in Billings for the next 6 weeks! Yay! I am so thrilled that I get to stay here with the people that I love so much for a little while longer! :) 

Well I love you all! Thanks for all the support! I love you soooooooooooooo much!

-Sister Malynne Erbe 

No comments:

Post a Comment