Monday, April 1, 2013

Conversation with Mom: Vacation and friends

Malynne:  Mom, are you there?

Mom:  So we are in Moab right now.  We went to Courtneys farewell yesterday, and so glad that we went.  With it being Easter we got to go to two sacrament meetings and get a double whammy of the Atonement.  It was good.  I think Courtney was glad to see us also.  Not very many people came...alot of factors...Easter, Spring Break, her meeting didn't start until 2:50.....Late, late late.  We put off leaving for Moab until after her farewell.  She did a great job speaking!!!
On Saturday Evening I took the girls and we went to YW conference.  When we were there we saw Mrs. Dole, your fourth grade teacher.  She asked about you and said she was so proud of you!

Malynne:  Awe! Thanks :) I am so glad that you went to Courtneys farewell, she really needed it. :) How is Moab?

Malynne:  It is beautiful here.  We hiked to Delicate Arch today.  That is the hike that Kira said was too hard....well we did it.  It was 3 miles round trip, but the hike was HARD!  We climbed an elevation of 500+, and most of it was slippery sand stone.  I will send you a picture when I don't have to use my phone as a hot spot.  

We are staying in a CRAPPY hotel!  The pool is gross, the hot tub is gross, the bathroom is gross, the beds are full size and the reservation said queen size.  The owner is some middle eastern guy who won't talk to me because I am a woman, but will carry on a full conversation with your dad (who is wiped out and taking a nap right now).

I am SUPER worried about Ryan.  Have you heard from him?

Malynne:  Ha ha that is kind of funny, but crappy at the same time! I have heard from Ryan yes. I got a letter from him on Thursday and an email today. He is working full time and his life is crazy. His parents officially split up and it has been hard on him. They might get back together still and Ryan isn't happy about that. He is finally finishing up his medical papers and he is going to get them in very soon! :) I am very proud of him! You still haven't heard from him?

Mom:   How would Ryan respond if your dad or I wrote him a letter of encouragement and told him that we would still think the world of him if he choose not to go on a mission?  He is alienating himself from everyone.

Malynne:   I don't know I think that he would appreciate the encouragement. However I honestly do think that he is going on a mission. It is so hard for me to know what is happening with him and not be able to do anything about it.

Mom:  No, we still have not heard from him, but we did follow a link to him Blog and there he wrote a poem about how his future was being a missionary and wearing a white shirt and now his future is unknown.  I started crying when I read it....it was so sad.  Do you really think that he is going?  He has told us this story about medical papers for a long long time.  It should not take that long to get things straightened out.  He has been saying "medical problems" since December.....it is now April.

Malynne:  I know, mom I really I just don't know how to help him. All I can do is pray for him. I just don't know what to do. I got his letter about his parents and my heart broke. I wish that I could just fix things and make things easier on him, but I am so far away. It's been hard on me.
K, well I really have to get off the computer now. I hope that you can get a hold of him. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!
-Sister Malynne Erbe


No comments:

Post a Comment