Monday, March 25, 2013

Craziest Week of My Life!!!!!!

Okay, so this week I actually have a lot to tell you! It has been such a crazy, busy, stressful, rewarding, and amazing week. I hope I can get it all in with the time that I have. :)

So on Monday we got a traveling sister. This is a new thing that they are doing in the mission to try to help everyone be on the same page and to just help strengthen different companionships and areas. She has been traveling around to different places within the Billings area and her last place to visit here was with us. It was such an incredible blessing to have her with us and her guidance and help. However, it was a little harder for me personally. Sister West (The name of the traveling sister) has been out a long time and has served around Sister Letalu a lot. So they had lots of stories and people that they both knew. I didn't know who they were talking about and I really felt left out of most of the conversations. I started praying that I would just be able to get through this week and to find someone that I could relate to and talk to soon. As the week continued we met with lots of less actives that I honestly truly just fell in love with! Side note, it is crazy how many times you think "I can't possibly love anyone more!" but then you do and you just keep loving them more and more and deeper and deeper and it is just crazy! Anyway continuing on. We just met a lot of wonderful people. However once we left their houses I once again didn't have anyone to talk to. Then one night the other sisters we live with got a call from the AP's and were told that they were going to get a new companion. IT IS SISTER OLSEN!!!!! I came out here with her and she was someone I could talk to and we would totally understand each other! She was praying for someone and I was praying for someone and now we are together! YAY!!!!! ah I feel so much better! Well the traveling Sister left for Kalispell on Saturday afternoon, so we don't have her anymore. Now that the week is over I can see how truly blessed we were to have her with us for the time being. :)

On Tuesday we decided to try a less active named Cheryl Sakahara. We have tried her a couple of times before, but we have never been able to catch her, so going into it this time we weren't to hopeful. However she was home and we were able to go into her home and meet with her. She wanted to play a game where she guessed our first names. :) So we gave her the first letter and she started guessing. My new name from her is "Melon" ha ha she said she was going to stick with that forever. Sister West her first name is Acasia and her new name is "Anaconda", and Sister Letalu (Natalia) her new name is "Netatai" ha ha she was just making up stuff and giving us all new names. We named her "Cherbear" and her daughter Karissa we name "Karisma" It was a super fun visit and we got to know her pretty well. We shared a quick message with her and then she made a comment about how she really likes to sing. Right after she said it I knew that she was supposed to participate in our fireside. So I asked her and she got really excited and said that she would. However it was going to be a surprise what song she was singing and none of us were going to know until she got up there and actually performed...pretty stressful, but I definitely knew that, that was how it was supposed to be. 

On Wednesday we met an older lady in our ward. Her husband had a stroke and has been in a nursing home, and she just recently fractured her hip and got pneumonia. So we went to visit her to see if we could help, and her brother was there. He is not a member of the church, and so when we can he thought that she had called us to come and convert him. However we just came to see his Sister. I shared my favorite scripture with her, and we sang my favorite hymn, and there was an amazing spirit. She cried a little bit and thanked us, she said that it was much needed for us to come over and to do that, and that it was the perfect time. We hugged her and said good bye, and then went to say good bye to her brother. He was in tears and he just kept saying "You don't know how much you just helped us." To us it wasn't a big deal, it was very simple just sharing some scriptures and stopping by, but to them it was a big deal and it helped bless their lives. Maybe it was another step for the brother in coming closer to our savior. :) It is just so cool when you see things like that, that happen.

On Wednesday night we got to go over to Wyatt's house and have dinner with the family. We are so close to all of them, and it was a really fun evening. We ate steak! Oh my gosh I have never loved steak so much in my whole life! We had cheescake and lots of food and it was all homemade. They definitely tried really hard to make everything very special for all of us. :) They are such a special family! We taught Wyatt the third lesson "The Gospel of Jesus Christ" and asked him if he would be baptized. He told us that he was so excited to be baptized! We set the date for the 20th of April :) Yaya!!!!!! He is such an amazing kid, and I am so excited for him to be baptized and to have the holy ghost. He asked so many questions that a normal 11 year old wouldn't even think of. They are deep  questions that shows that he is really taking everything that we learn in and processing it. I am just so proud of him, and I love their whole family so much. We are going to ask his father if he wants to take the discussions, because he sits in on all of them already. He is incredibly involved in them and he just seems so interested, It would be such a blessing to see him join the church and receive the preisthood and them be able to baptize his daughter Jordan. :) They are just the best family I would love it if that happened.

On Thursday night we got to go and teach our other little girl that was getting baptized. We taught her the commandments and then just sat at their house and talked and laughed. Their names are the Garcias there is Lizabeth, that's the mom and Saige the older Sister, Jasmyn is the one getting baptized and then Kanesa and Ammoron are the two youngest. :) They are so amazing! Lizabeth and Saige have only been members for a few years, they were baptized in 2006. Lizabeth told us her conversion story and it was amazing. She had Saige when she was only 17 years old, and lots of people rejected her and left her. The only person who didn't was her best friend, and he was a member of the church. He kept sending her missionaries and finally after Jasmyn was born, she agreed to take the lessons. She had been searching for a church for years and decided that this was the true church. They were baptized and she got married and had two more kids, but then things started going wrong. She got a divorce and became inactive, and just started coming back about 6 months ago. Because her daughter Jasmyn wanted to go back to church, that is what brought them back. They all started reading and then it wasn't just a decision that the church was true, it was that she knew the church was true and now she will never leave it. We just stayed with them for a long time and became such good friends. I love them so much! But they are moving next week to Cash Valley Utah...:( But you should go meet them and you will love them!!!!!!

Okay, lets move forward to Saturday. We spent the entire day getting ready for our fireside. We ran around like crazy people getting all of the information and solidifying everyones songs and stuff! We made a program and then we ran around trying to figure out how we were going to print it. We wanted the front page in color because there was a beautiful picture of Christ on it. So we ran around and all of the places we went to were closed! So we finally tried Office Depot, and they were open. We asked them how much it was and they said $.59 a page!!!! It was gonna be like $150 to print off everything we needed. It was so heartbreaking because we had tried so hard. Then a miracle happened! Sister Hammer called us and asked if we needed help with anything, we told her a little bit about our day and how hard we had tried, and she said "Well come over here after the party and I will do them, and you can pay me back for the ink." She is so awesome! She seriously saved us that night, and many other nights! 

So the party Sister Hammer talked about was on Saturday night. they had an RS birthday party and the whole ward was invited. We went and ate hotdogs and just had a good time. Everyone was dancing and there was loud music and we were all laughing and joking. It was really right then that I realized how much I loved them. Like, love exploded inside of me and I realized that if I ever have to leave these people it will be awful! I had so much fun with them and I just can't believe how much I love my ward. I can't wait to get to know all of them better!

Sunday finally came! We have been preparing for weeks and it was crazy! We managed to get the programs done and they were beautiful! We had to pack all of our food to church and put it in the kitchen because we couldn't leave the church building because we were just busy all day long. So at church we had our less active Jodi come! :) Yay! it was so exciting! And Lizabeth Garcia spoke in church, and Andrew Haven (Our RS presidents son) had his farewell. It was just such a good church meeting! Then right after church, we made a bunch of phone calls (basically for about 2 hours) we called everyone in our ward to make sure that they knew about the baptism and the fireside. Then at 4:00 we had a baptism for Jasmyn Garcia! :) She is so sweet and so special, and her baptism was beautiful! We hung out with the Garcias and played "What time is it wolf?" With her two youngest. I haven't laughed that hard in weeks! they were so funny! At about 6 we had to get ready for the fireside. We set everything up and practiced our songs and then it started at 7. :) We did "His Sacred Name" it was a mormon message, that was how we started the meeting. Then it just went through without interruption, one song after another. They were all about Christ and  Every single person that came bore their testimony through their music! It was one of the most powerful things that I have ever been a part of. We had a really good turn out as well, so there were lots of people there. My favorites I think where the primary kids sang a beautiful song called "Gethsemane" It was so simple, but beautiful. Go look it up and I know you will find it! Also, it will totally be worth it when you listen to it, it will really bring the Easter Spirit. :) The second one I loved the best was Cheryl Sakahara. She got up and sang "I know that my redeemer lives" a'capella. It was incredibly beautiful and powerful! I felt so blessed that it all went so well and the spirit was so strong.

I love it here in Montana! I am feeling so high right now and coming so so close to my savior. I can already see how much I have learned about how much our heavenly father loves each of us. I know that he is aware of all of his children here on the earth. :) I just love the people here!!! It is soo worth it! :) I love you all and I hope you can feel the spirit of our heavenly father! Also, because it is Easter, just spend some time everyday to think about our savior and how much he means to you. I promise your testimony will grow! LOVES!!!!
-Sister Malynne Erbe <3


No comments:

Post a Comment