Saturday, February 9, 2013

It's ME in the MTC!!!

Hey guys!
So I only have like 20 minutes to write, so I am going to write really fast and just tell you about my week. First of all, I am alive. I have made it to my P-day and it has been great so far. The food in the cafeteria is pretty old already though, and I wish that I could just go and get a subway sandwich or something. I wrote a letter and I hope that you got it, but in case you didn't my companions name is Sister Holbrook and she is awesome! I absolutely love her and I am so glad that we are companions. She actually really reminds me of Courtney. So we have four sisters in our district, me and Sister Holbrook and Sister Christensen and Sister Olsen also, they are all old enough to be on a mission even without the announcement, so I am the youngest ha ha :). Hey but we have an 18 year old Elder who decided to come on his mission because of the announcement too. My whole district is made up of 6 different companionships, there is Elder Bishop and Elder Schlenker, Elder Bishop is my district leader, he is in charge of getting the mail and stuff and Elder Schlenker is from Pleasant Grove and he is 6'8'', them and Elder Long and Elder Goodwin are my two favorite Elders. We always eat together as a district and that is really cool because at meal times we all can kind of relax and just get to know each other. We have some Elders that are going to Canada too, so we call ourselves Montanada ha ha. Things that are a little weird about being here at the MTC I can't call anybody 'guys' or say 'hey dude' because we are now all missionaries we can only say 'Elders' and 'Sisters' even when we are getting ready for bed we are always sisters. Second it is really weird to be called Sister Erbe, I am having a really hard time adjusting to that name. Other than that it is amazing here!
So the first few days I was here I was really really nervous to teach, and we do these things where we take turns pretending to be the investigator and then the missionary, and I was soooo scared I didn't want to be the missionary. I just was so worried about what I would say and if I would say it wrong and if I wouldn't listen to the spirit like I am supposed to. Sister Holbrook and I went to teach our first investigator last night, and I was just praying like crazy. She started to get nervous and I kept pretending like I wasn't nervous because I didn't want her to freak out, but I was super nervous. We got there and we knocked on the door and she didn't want to say anything so I said "Hi my name is Sister Erbe and this is my companion Sister Holbrook and we are missionaries for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and we were just wondering if you had a minute to talk to us." It was actually really perfect because he invited us in and we were able to go in a sit down and talk about God and about the nature of God, and he had some questions and we were able to use the spirit to direct us to scriptures. Everyone keeps talking about that scripture in D&C the one where 'open your mouth and I will fill in in the very hour.' It was totally like that. I was so excited and the spirit was so strong, it ended up being a beautiful lesson and we taught him how to pray and we invited him to read Alma 22 (go and read this right now and if you are having any questions about anything then do what it says and get down on your knees) and then we asked if we could come back again and he said we can come back again tonight :) so we have a second appointment with him. His name is Ian and he is a high school senior, super cool kid, it is crazy how much I love him and want him to have the gospel just after a 20 minute discussion with him. It just makes me really excited to get out there and to teach the people in Montana.
I met my branch president on Thursday night and we met with our zone. Everyone in my zone is going to Montana except the four Elders going to Canada. He had all of us stand up and bear our testimonies, definitely one of my favorite things that has happened so far, to see why other people are serving the Lord and to feel my own testimony of why I am here. Anyway he asked us the question 'so are you going to be an average missionary?' and we kind of didn't understand, but we were like oh yeah, we'll be average, and he said 'no you're going to be EXCEPTIONAL' and that is Montanadas motto now, 'let's be exceptional'
I got a package from Robert and Jenny Nelsen! They sent me some pink valentines day cookies and me and my companion have been eating them, they are delicious. I haven't seen Blake yet though, I have looked but everyone has such different schedules and now they have so many missionaries they have like 5 different dinners at 5 different times. I am running out of time a little bit I only have 5 minutes, so I am going to upload pictures of my companion and the girls in my district :) I love you all, write me letters and ask me questions so that I know what to write to you! God bless you!
-Malynne
Okay just kidding can't figure it out, I will figure it out and you will get them next email. Oh and Mr. Ditty, you better send me a letter, or just email me your address so I can write you! K again I love you hopefully I can write to you in a letter later this week. loves!


No comments:

Post a Comment